We need your support to stop this harmful measure. If Measure 4 passes, it would increase the state’s cigarette excise tax by an additional $1.76 per pack and double the tax on all other tobacco products, including a new tax on electronic cigarettes.
What You Can Do
- Educate Yourself and Your Neighbors
- Measure 4 hikes taxes on adult smokers, dippers and vapers, with an estimated $70 million in additional revenue to the state each year.
- This poorly drafted measure is nine pages of fine print, but only four sentences describe what types of programs the funds will support. Taxpayers need to know exactly how their money will be spent and that it won’t be wasted.
- Only 5% of tax revenue is actually dedicated toward disease detection, prevention, treatment and control. The rest goes to other government programs.
- You can learn more here.
Vote NO on Measure 4!
- On November 8th, go to the polls and vote NO on Measure 4. Encourage your adult friends, coworkers, neighbors, and others who oppose this harmful measure to do the same.
- North Dakota doesn’t require voter registration for its citizens. Click here to find out where and how to vote.