Have you heard about Amendment 72?
We need your support to stop this unfair constitutional amendment. If Amendment 72 passes, it would increase the state’s cigarette excise tax by an additional $1.75 per pack from $0.84 per pack to $2.59 per pack and increase the tax on all other tobacco products from 40% to 62%.
What You Can Do
- Educate Yourself and Your Neighbors
- Amendment 72 is a $315 million per year tax increase. It is a poorly-drafted measure that would lock hundreds of millions of dollars in new spending into the state constitution for programs that have yet to be determined.
- Amendment 72 gives state agencies a blank check to spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars each year with only vague
direction and no oversight.
- Blank check spending like this measure does not belong in Colorado’s Constitution.
- Amendment 72 cannot be changed even in the case of waste, fraud, abuse or budget emergency without another vote.
- If we’re going to raise taxes, voters should know exactly how the money will be spent and that it won’t be wasted.
- You can learn more here.
Vote NO on Amendment 72!
- You should have your ballot mailed to your home by October 24th, be sure to Vote No on Amendment 72. Mail it back as
soon as possible – late ballots will not be counted.
- Encourage your adult friends, coworkers, neighbors, and others who oppose this measure to do the same.